ELECTRIC OVERHEAD TRAVELLING CRANE COURSE 1 to 3 days
- Health & Safety at Work Reg.
- Introduction to EOTC’s
- Definitions & Terminology
- Force Influences
- Load Estimation
- Sling Configuration
- Lifting Accessories
- EOTC Controls
- EOTC Pre-use Checks
- Lift Planning
- Crane Signals
- Have candidates understand relevant lifting operations and standards relating to Electric overhead travelling crane
- Understand the different types of EOTC
- Identify EOTC components
- Understand the principle of operating pendant or remote controlled EOTC
- Learn the need to select the correct lifting gear & safe methods of slinging loads
- Learn the need to estimate the weight of the load
- Learn basic daily checks of equipment prior to use & report defects
- Communicate effectively using hand signals
The course is aimed at increasing the overhead crane operator’s knowledge, skill and proficiency level through classroom and hands-on training.
- Overhead crane operators
- Personnel involved in lifting operations.