HYDRAULIC LORRY LOADER CRANE OPERATOR COURSE 2 to 3 Days
- Health & Safety at Work Regulation.
- The Supply of Machinery Regulation.
- Additional Documents
- Operators Safety Code
- Introduction to Lorry Loaders
- Basic Stability & Load Principles
- Setting up for Lifting Operations
- Basic Operations
- Prepare & Secure Machine for Travel
- Pre-use Checks
- Load Handling Close to Crane
- Selection & Use of Attachments
- Selection & Checking of Lifting Equipment
- Load Weight Estimation & load Handling
- Safe Use of Lifting Equipment
- Crane Signals
- Load Handling Medium Radius
- Load Handling Full Operational Radius
- Assessment – Theory Test
- Assessment – Practical 1
- Assessment – Practical 2
- Have candidates understand relevant lifting operations and standards related to Hydraulic Lorry Loader Cranes
- Understand the different types of Hydraulic Lorry Loader Cranes
- Identify Hydraulic Lorry Loader Crane components
- Understand the principle of operating fixed position or remote controlled Hydraulic Lorry Loaders
- Learn the need to select the correct lifting gear & safe methods of slinging loads
- Learn the need to estimate the weight of the load
- Learn basic daily checks of equipment prior to use & report defects
- Communicate effectively using hand signals
The course is aimed at increasing the operator’s knowledge, skill and proficiency level through classroom and hands-on training.
- Lorry loader crane operators
- Personnel involved in lifting operations.