WIRE ROPE INSPECTION COURSE 2.5 days
- Health & Safety at Work Reg.
- The Supply of Machinery Reg.
- Lifting Equipment Definitions
- Wire Rope Manufacture
- Rope Design & Construction
- Rope Characteristics
- Rope Deterioration
- Inspecting Procedure
- Discard Criteria
- Rope Certification
- Black Museum
- Identify wire rope types
- Understand wire rope manufacturing
- Apply the statutory requirements for Inspection/examination of wire rope in service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of wire rope terminology, constructions and characteristics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effects on rope performance, safe use & handling and applications.
- Get the best out of their products whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Carry out wire rope Inspections and/or examinations.
- Complete documentation
The course is designed for all users of wire rope and wire slings, responsible persons for in-service inspection of wire rope. Delegates will learn/appreciate the statutory requirements for examination as well as discard criteria for wire rope.
- Users of wire ropes
- Personnel involved in maintenance of wire rope
- Personnel involved in the in-service inspection of wire rope